Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

HAL API for the Generic Serial Flash Interface FPGA IP, 'altera_safeclib'

meenalkb
Novice

In the user guide for the Generic Serial Flash Interface (GSFI) it says "altera_safeclib" must be enabled in the BSP editor to use the HAL API for this device.

With a Quartus 21.1 install and the accompanying NIOS II Software Build Tools for Eclipse I've searched through the BSP Editor UI and can't this setting at all. Also, when I generate the Eclipse BSP from my sopcinfo file, there are no HAL driver files generated for the GSFI.

Does anyone know how I can enable HAL support for this IP?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hareesh
Employee

Hi Meenalkb,

To enable the Generic Serial Flash Interface (GSFI) use the HAL API and follow the below steps in Eclipse.

1. BSP Editor->Nios II
  2. file paths of .sopcinfo and .bsp (new or old) in the open BSP window and click on open.
  3. A platform design window will be open in which you select the BSP software packages option. In that, just enable the altera_safeclib option.
  4. Select Generate BSP.

once the BSP generation is completed. Check in the drivers->inc and drivers->src folders. for

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683419/22-1-20-1-1/nios-ii-hal-driver.html

• intel_generic_serial_flash_interface_top.h
  • intel_generic_serial_flash_interface_top.c

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
meenalkb
Novice

Also please un-mark as solved.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

hi

please share BSP editor version details, platform design screen shot and I am sharing the screen shot of that.

0 Kudos
meenalkb
Novice

It was the same problem as what I described (community.intel.com/t5/Nios-II-Embedded-Design-Suite/HAL-API-for-the-Generic-Serial-Flash-Interface-FPGA-IP-altera/m-p/1393376#M51250). Can we arrange a call to discuss? 

0 Kudos
HAlex
New Contributor I

Hello

Any updates with this issue?

I also have exactly the same problem.

Is it maybe because I am using Quartus Prime 21.1.0 Standard (and not a PRO) edition?

Thank you

Alex

0 Kudos
meenalkb
Novice

Hi @HAlex 

@hareesh has raised this issue as an internal ticket. I'm waiting for him to get back to me.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

hi meenalkb

GSFI HAL API is only available in Pro. we are requested to Planner for this.

thanks,

hareesh

0 Kudos
meenalkb
Novice

Could you please close this ticket now. Thanks

0 Kudos