Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

HI, I'm facing an issue with FLASH programmer tool to generate and program the flash, getting error code : 3 - sof2flash --> ECB_CFI_flash.flash. Please insturct how to resolve it. Tnx, Avi

AReuv
Beginner

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I am sorry, the flash programmer is no longer supported. Please generate the .jic file to program the flash.

Please check the attached tutorial for how to generate a .jic file and how to program a flash device.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

JIC flash programming procedure

0 Kudos
AReuv
Beginner

Hi,

OK thanks. another quick question, while I'm converting sof2flash it ask for start address, should I put the start address that the file should be in the flash or to put 0x0 as a default ?

I'm asking because I've also elf2flash as well and few more files to program in to flash.

Thanks a lot.

Avi

0 Kudos
AReuv
Beginner

Hi,

A continue to my question above about the base address while creating sof2flash or elf2 flash, I'm asking this because while programming the files with Nois2-flash-programmmer it also required the base address again.

Tnx,

Avi

0 Kudos
AReuv
Beginner

Hi,

Just to clarify, the FLASH I'm using is Parallel flash form Micron MT28EW connected directly to FPGA.

Avi

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

If you are using a parallel flash device it is simple. You need to create a PFL project (Parallel Flash Loader) to make the FPGA acts as a bridge between the computer and the flash device.

You can simply check the attached tutorial to create a PFL project.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Here is the tutorial of how to create a PFL project to program a parallel flash memory.

0 Kudos