Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

HPS BFM simulation error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

When I tried to run the BFM Simulation Example from (https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/qsys/exm-hps-axi-bf...), I got an error saying that cannot compile export_tramp.so. The error message is as the following. What is the file "export_tramp.so"? I don't see it in any of the Verilog file or simulation script. Why the vsim invoke gcc? Based on the error message, should I install a 32-bit glibc? Thanks! 

eval vsim -t ps $ELAB_OPTIONS -L work -L work_lib -L altera_common_sv_packagess -L border -L id_pad -L hps_io -L fpga_interfaces -L rst_controller -L mm_intercconnect_0 -L hps_0 -L demo_axi_memory_0 -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst_reset_bfm -L HPS__h2f_axi_sim_inst_clk_bfm -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst $TOP_LEVEL_NAME# vsim -t ps -L work -L work_lib -L altera_common_sv_packagess -L border -L id_pad -L hps_io -L fpga_interfaces -L rst_controller -L mm_intercconnect_0 -L hps_0 -L demo_axi_memory_0 -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst_reset_bfm -L HPS__h2f_axi_sim_inst_clk_bfm -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst HPS_h2f_axi_sim_tb # Start time: 20:54:15 on May 15,2018# ** Warning: ** Warning: (vsim-7032) the 32-bit glibc rpm does not appear to be installed on this machine. calls to gcc may fail.# # ** Warning: ** Warning: (vsim-7032) The 32-bit glibc RPM does not appear to be installed on this machine. Calls to gcc may fail.# # ** Fatal: ** Error: (vsim-3827) could not compile 'export_tramp.so': cmd = '/bin/gcc -shared -fPIC -m32 -g -I. -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/include" -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.S"'# (vsim-50) A call to system(/bin/gcc -shared -fPIC -m32 -g -I. -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/include" -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.S" >'/tmp/questatmp.0CZnVC' 2>&1) returned error code '1'.# The logfile contains the following messages:# /bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory# /bin/ld: cannot find -lc# /bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory# collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It looks like Modelsim compiling and using a shared library, maybe to emulate the ARM processor? From the look of it it looks like you need the 32-bit glibc to compile that library.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

It looks like Modelsim compiling and using a shared library, maybe to emulate the ARM processor? From the look of it it looks like you need the 32-bit glibc to compile that library. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks. I installed the 32-bit glibc and it does help! However, I got another error SAYING "Failed to find user specified function 'axi_data_resp_Complete_Join_SystemVerilog' " 

Is this something related to the license? I'm running Modelsim_ae with license.