Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12366 Discussions

Hello, I am using Quartus 18.1 release and I am trying to compile C++ code which requires libstdc++ std::to_string() and std::stoi() and a large number of other string related library function.

BAnde17
Beginner

Is there any way of enabling this portion of libstdc++ in nios2 toolchain.

I find a declaration of to_string() in  /cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/nios2eds/bin/gnu/nios2-elf/include/c++/5.3.0/bits/to_string.h but I can't seem to get the compiler to find this file if I explicitly add it to a small test case.

I have tried setting -I<DirPAth> on the compile line as well without success.

I am new to the nios2-eds tool chain. Any pointers appreciated

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee
I don't see there is similar library name "to_string.h" in the installation path version 18.1 standard nor 18.0 standard "nios2eds/bin/gnu/nios2-elf/include/c++/5.3.0/bits". Is it a custom library?
BAnde17
Beginner

​I installed Quartus Prime standard 18.1.0.625.   Looking back just now  I was confused about the file name I tried to include.   In the directory I mentioned there is a "basic_string.h" file which has an inline definition of the to_string ()  template functions variations I need.  The linker complains that to_string is not a member of std:: namespace.  If I drop the std:: This led me to believe that the header file is not being included  I am off working on something else right now so I don't have the example error handy. but this trivial test show the problem

#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()

{

string teststring("hey there");

printf("srtring = %s \n", std::to_string(teststring);

return 0;

}

~

$ nios2-elf-g++ -std=c++14 -c fo.cpp

fo.cpp: In function 'int main()':

fo.cpp:8:31: error: 'to_string' is not a member of 'std'

printf("srtring = %s \n", std::to_string(teststring);

^

Thanks for the response. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Bill

BAnde17
Beginner
Hello I am wondering if received my response to your posting. Do you know if the std::to_string function should be available in Nios2?? Thanks Bill Bill Anderson Contract Senior SW Engineer Waters Corporation (Cell) 508-843-7067 (office) 508-482-3399