Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Hello, I usually work with the 18.1 standard version under Window 10. When I create a new project under Nios II Eclipse I find this error : Denied access to Makefile. Can you please help me for this bug ? Thank you

MChar30
Beginner

With the same PC, I have reinstalled Quartus, changed with a new simpler file.spcinfo and the problem is the same.

I have installed Quartus Lite 18.1 on another PC with window. I can create and compile the project if the project folder is declared under the My documents folder.

But I have a same type of error when I want to delete the project :

Could not delete Makefile.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Terry_D_Intel
Employee

I ran into this issue in the past and have worked around this by running the Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse as Administratior (Right-Click, More--> Run as administrator).

Hopefully this works for you.

TD

0 Kudos
MChar30
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you very much for this answer.

Yes, it works, but you need to have your project in the "Documents" folder.

In my case, if I have my project in a root directory, I cannot delete it.

The access isn't full.

MC

0 Kudos
Isaac_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Michel,

This is due to permission access, did you have superuser permissions? You cannot delete files from root directory as normal user.

Isaac..

0 Kudos
MChar30
Beginner

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for your help.

I have only a simple administrator account and a user account. What is a superuser permission?

In my job, it is recommanded to use the user account.

I have moved my project folder in "Documents" folder and now it works with your solution.

MC

0 Kudos
Isaac_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Michel,

Superuser means that you have all the permissions to make changes as you want at your computer. But I'm glad to hear that it works.

Best regards.

0 Kudos