Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Hello, we would like to install a plugin at NIOS2 (Eclipse Mars 2, QuartusLite v18.1.0.625) that requires this feature: 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations 2.1.0'. Unfortunately that feature isn't installed. How can I install that feature?

BMäme
Beginner

We have tried at NIOS2 to install 'Eclipse Platform' (Source: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5). That worked for our Plugin, but it destorys and delete some preferences (e.g. C/C++ Build). Do you have any ideas?

Kind regards

Bastian

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Bastian,

Are you sure that this feature is supported by Intel?

I thinks you must reinstall the tool with selecting all features available. Please correct me if I didn't understand your issue.

Regards,

BMäme
Beginner

Hi,

thank you for your support. :)

Unfortunaly i don´t know, if this feature is supported by Intel.

I´ve reinstalled the tool, but ther is no option that all features are available.

I want to install the plugin "Axivion Eclipse Feature".

So I start "Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse", then I install via "Install new software" the Axivion Plugin. If I start the installation, the following message appears.

Axivion_Issure.PNG

I´ve already contacted the support of Axivion, but they couldn´t helped me.

Do you have any ideas?

Regards,

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Okay, Iwill create an internal ticket to check if the tool supports this feature or not. and if yes, How to install it.

I am seeking for your patience to get this issue resolved.

Regards,

BMäme
Beginner

Thank you very much!

I´m looking forward to your answer/solution.

If you have some questions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Regards ,

Bastian

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I am seeking your patience until I get an answer of your question. This is a non standard support which requires much of work.

Regards,

BMäme
Beginner

Hey,

many thank for your information.

Can you estimate, when I can expect an answer? :)

Kind Regards,

Bastian

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I apologize for any inconvenience but we still discussing with the Eclipse team to get an answer. I am seeking your patience until they reply to us.

Regards,

BMäme
Beginner

Hi,

do you have any new information for me? Did you get a response from the Eclipse team?

Many thanks for your support. :)

Regards

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Actually I didn't get a reply showing if this is supported by Intel.

BMäme
Beginner

Hi,

i think, we dont get any futher information from Intel here, do we?

Yesterday i´ve seen, that there will be a new Quartus Lite version released soon. Hopefully this will solve my problem. Do you know, when the version will exactly be released?

Thanks.

Regards