Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Help! GCC compiling error:arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc:not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm doing gcc compiling on ubuntu according to the tutorial:my_first_hps. 

jungu@ubuntu:~/altera/14.0/embedded/my_first_hps$ arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc /home/jungu/altera/14.0/embedded/ds-5/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: 18: exec: /home/jungu/altera/14.0/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: not found 

BUT it is there!!!! 

jungu@ubuntu:~/altera/14.0/embedded$ cd ds-5/sw/gcc/bin jungu@ubuntu:~/altera/14.0/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin$ ls arm-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line arm-linux-gnueabihf-gprof arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld arm-linux-gnueabihf-as arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++ arm-linux-gnueabihf-ldd arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold arm-linux-gnueabihf-cpp arm-linux-gnueabihf-nm arm-linux-gnueabihf-ct-ng.config arm-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy arm-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit arm-linux-gnueabihf-objdump arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config-real arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.7.3 arm-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar arm-linux-gnueabihf-readelf arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm arm-linux-gnueabihf-size arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib arm-linux-gnueabihf-strings arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcov arm-linux-gnueabihf-strip arm-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran 

I've been struggling for days, I'm new to linux OS. Is there anyone can help me? thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You just download it but haven't installed it. You can turn to this page to learn how to build a corss compliation environment :http://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/documentation/gsrd131gittrees#build_toolchain

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I think Jungu uses the arm compiler that comes with SoCEDS package. I'm on Ubuntu, and I'm getting the same issue when I try to compile the hello_world example, 

Did you solved this issue? If so, tell me, please, how you fixed it! 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

actually I forgot how I fixed this problem. I tried windows OS later. I found there is a mistake in the makefile. I don't whether it can work in ubuntu. You can try this. Here is the makefile code: 

#  

TARGET = my_first_hps 

#  

CROSS_COMPILE = arm-linux-gnueabihf- 

CFLAGS = -g -Wall -I 

${SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT}/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include 

LDFLAGS = -g -Wall 

CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc 

ARCH= arm 

build: $(TARGET) 

$(TARGET): main.o 

$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@ 

%.o : %.c 

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@ 

.PHONY: clean 

clean: 

rm -f $(TARGET) *.a *.o *~ 

Hope you can fix it.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Jungu for the reply, 

I had fixed the issue by reinstalling SOC EDS. 

Everything is fine now!.
0 Kudos