Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Help! GCC compiling error:arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc:not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm doing gcc compiling on ubuntu according to the tutorial:my_first_hps. 

jungu@ubuntu:~/altera/14.0/embedded/my_first_hps$ arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc /home/jungu/altera/14.0/embedded/ds-5/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: 18: exec: /home/jungu/altera/14.0/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: not found 

BUT it is there!!!! 

jungu@ubuntu:~/altera/14.0/embedded$ cd ds-5/sw/gcc/bin jungu@ubuntu:~/altera/14.0/embedded/ds-5/sw/gcc/bin$ ls arm-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line arm-linux-gnueabihf-gprof arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld arm-linux-gnueabihf-as arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++ arm-linux-gnueabihf-ldd arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold arm-linux-gnueabihf-cpp arm-linux-gnueabihf-nm arm-linux-gnueabihf-ct-ng.config arm-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy arm-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit arm-linux-gnueabihf-objdump arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config-real arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.7.3 arm-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar arm-linux-gnueabihf-readelf arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm arm-linux-gnueabihf-size arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib arm-linux-gnueabihf-strings arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcov arm-linux-gnueabihf-strip arm-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran 

I've been struggling for days, I'm new to linux OS. Is there anyone can help me? thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You just download it but haven't installed it. You can turn to this page to learn how to build a corss compliation environment :http://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/documentation/gsrd131gittrees#build_toolchain

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I think Jungu uses the arm compiler that comes with SoCEDS package. I'm on Ubuntu, and I'm getting the same issue when I try to compile the hello_world example, 

Did you solved this issue? If so, tell me, please, how you fixed it! 

Thanks.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

actually I forgot how I fixed this problem. I tried windows OS later. I found there is a mistake in the makefile. I don't whether it can work in ubuntu. You can try this. Here is the makefile code: 

#  

TARGET = my_first_hps 

#  

CROSS_COMPILE = arm-linux-gnueabihf- 

CFLAGS = -g -Wall -I 

${SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT}/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include 

LDFLAGS = -g -Wall 

CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc 

ARCH= arm 

build: $(TARGET) 

$(TARGET): main.o 

$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@ 

%.o : %.c 

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@ 

.PHONY: clean 

clean: 

rm -f $(TARGET) *.a *.o *~ 

Hope you can fix it.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Jungu for the reply, 

I had fixed the issue by reinstalling SOC EDS. 

Everything is fine now!.