Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Help Qsys and SOPC Builder won't start

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I just installed Quartus 2 v12.0 on my computer. OS is RHEL 6.0 2.6.32-131 64 bit. I ran Quartus 64bit and tried to run the Qsys and SOPC builder tool. I get the startup images for both Qsys and SOPC but nothing happens after that. I had to manually install 32 bit binaries and libraries. 

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Could I be missing some binaries or libraries for 32 bit?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nvm solved it by executing the main qsys-editor script. It was a missing library.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a similar problem. If I invoke Qsys from the command line as qsys-edit I get: 

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ...libmawt.so: libXtst.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

But if I look for libXtst.i686 with yum on RedHat Linux Enterprise Edition, it can't find it. It can only find the 64bit version. 

Seems I either need to get qsys to use 64bit java, or find the missing 32 bit file. 

How do we get Qsys to use 64 bit java instead of the 32 bit one included in the distribution, or where can we get the missing 32 bit file?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have a similar problem. If I invoke Qsys from the command line as qsys-edit I get: 

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ...libmawt.so: libXtst.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

But if I look for libXtst.i686 with yum on RedHat Linux Enterprise Edition, it can't find it. It can only find the 64bit version. 

Seems I either need to get qsys to use 64bit java, or find the missing 32 bit file. 

How do we get Qsys to use 64 bit java instead of the 32 bit one included in the distribution, or where can we get the missing 32 bit file? 

--- Quote End ---  

apt-get install lib32stdc++6
0 Kudos