Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Help me in audio code, please! (about I2C SCL BASE )

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi all!! 

I applying audio code demo of altera. But when I build project, it had 2 error : 

'I2C_SCL_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) AUDIO.c /audio_de2_115_MTL line 357 C/C++ Problem 

and 

'I2C_SDA_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) AUDIO.c /audio_de2_115_MTL line 357 C/C++ Problem 

I just found define of them is clk base for SCL. and data base for SDA, but I don't understood what are they? and how to use it? 

So, have someone can me me understand it and the way to fix it? Thank you so much!! ( I'm a beginner!!) 

Have a nice day every body!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Apparently the code you are compiling is looking for two peripherals in your system, one called i2c_scl and another one i2c_sda, but they aren't present. You should add them to your SOPC Builder or QSys project. 

From the names I'm guessing they are 1 bit bidirectional PIOs.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

Apparently the code you are compiling is looking for two peripherals in your system, one called i2c_scl and another one i2c_sda, but they aren't present. You should add them to your SOPC Builder or QSys project. 

From the names I'm guessing they are 1 bit bidirectional PIOs. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for your advice,Daixiwen! 

I did review my SOPC, it have enough component for audio. And in define of function I2C_write(); the sample code was define I2C_SCL_BASE is clk_base and I2C_SDA_BASE is data_base. But I don't understand what are the address of clk base and data base? I found it in the internet but it haven't had the info. I need!! (T_T")!  

hix hix, Who have another idea please help me (^_^")!!!???
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

The component you need isn't for audio itself, it is for I2C. If you have a peripheral that is called i2c_scl in your SOPC builder project, then you will have in your BSP a file called system.h that defines I2C_SCL_BASE, among others.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Oh!! Thank you so much, Daixiwen (^_^), I review my SOPC again, and recognized something I need into my project!  

Have a nice day!