Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

Help with Nios II eclipse, can't create project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I'm having a problem with creating a project in Nioss II eclipse. When I go to file/new--> Nios II application and BSP template, I have to find the SOPC information file. I have no problem locating this file but when i press finish I get this error-message: Failed to execute: ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name cpu --no-make. 

I'm using windows 8.1 (unfortunately) och I've tried to run Nios as an administrator.  

I'll upload two screenshots and hopefully somebody could help me with this.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Avoid non-English (ä, å...) characters (and spaces) in the path :-)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Avoid non-English (ä, å...) characters (and spaces) in the path :-) 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you, it works better now:) But I still have a problem. Whenever I try to run the program as "Nios II hardware" I get an error message that says "downloading elf process failed nios ii". Do you know why?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need a board to "run as hardware" : an Altera Dev kit board or your custom board. 

You need to match your software with your hardware. More precisely, you need to match your BSP (software) with your QSYS/SOPC which should be in your FPGA on your board. 

A fail download is often caused by a watchdog, a reset, Mismatching Qsys/SOPC (see "sysid").
0 Kudos