Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

Help with Nios II eclipse, can't create project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I'm having a problem with creating a project in Nioss II eclipse. When I go to file/new--> Nios II application and BSP template, I have to find the SOPC information file. I have no problem locating this file but when i press finish I get this error-message: Failed to execute: ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name cpu --no-make. 

I'm using windows 8.1 (unfortunately) och I've tried to run Nios as an administrator.  

I'll upload two screenshots and hopefully somebody could help me with this.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Avoid non-English (ä, å...) characters (and spaces) in the path :-)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Avoid non-English (ä, å...) characters (and spaces) in the path :-) 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you, it works better now:) But I still have a problem. Whenever I try to run the program as "Nios II hardware" I get an error message that says "downloading elf process failed nios ii". Do you know why?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need a board to "run as hardware" : an Altera Dev kit board or your custom board. 

You need to match your software with your hardware. More precisely, you need to match your BSP (software) with your QSYS/SOPC which should be in your FPGA on your board. 

A fail download is often caused by a watchdog, a reset, Mismatching Qsys/SOPC (see "sysid").