Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Hi i want to use the "Listing 14. An example of code that uses the video-out port" of the document: "DE10-Nano Computer System with Nios® II " It describes how to print out a rectangel with characters onto a HDMI display.

JBlec2
Beginner

Unfortunately i dont know which IPs i need to include in Qsys. I now additionaly try the Monitor Pro Program of Intel but i think like the HDMI TX Demo showed me something is wrong with my little HDMI Display. But ok this is another topic. important would be .. how to find out the correct IPs for Quartus and how connect them , so that the nios can use the given given example .

There is a table of used IPs :

Is this the soluton ? Why dont they write how to connect them ?

I/O Peripheral Qsys Core

On-chip memory character buffer Character Buffer for Video Display

SD Card SD Card Interface

Red LED parallel port Parallel Port

Expansion parallel ports Parallel Port

Slider switch parallel port Parallel Port

Pushbutton parallel port Parallel Port

JTAG port JTAG UART

Interval timer Interval timer

System ID System ID Peripheral

Audio port Audio

Video port Pixel Buffer DMA Controller

Thank you :D

0 Kudos
23 Replies
JBlec2
Beginner

hi , before some weeks I think (!) i found a way to do some hdmi output... but finally my team talked to the hdmi on the hdl level . is there any support for this stuff ? i mean something like a hotline ? because I want to work more with quartus and de10nano - the girl on the phone told me I should use this community ... but answers come really slow :P

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Good, you got thing working.

I am sorry there is no hotline service for this forum support.

VIP service like "hotline" or "agent on site support" is typically provided by the Intel sales or distributor where customer purchased Intel FPGA product. But also take note that not all Intel distributor is capable to provide luxury technical support service and most the time also depends on business justification.

Take your case for example, I believed you purchased de10nano board from Terasic. right ? Ideally you should be getting technical support from Terasic directly or whoever agent that sold you the product. However if Terasic doesn't has technical support agent then maybe they will direct you to this Intel FPGA forum.

There are Intel support agent (like me) + other users in this forum community to help out each another to try our best to answer the questions in this forum. However since we are supporting multiple forum cases in parallel hence sometime our respond will be slow and I truely apologize for it.

Sorry and I appreciate your understanding on the slowness of respond.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I hope I have explained our support challenges to you.

We will try our best to help out on issue cases filed in this forum community.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos