Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How can I add two Nios in FPGA?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a stratix board,but when I add two Nios in my project and compiled it, I found that the system.h generated by Nios IDE can't involved the other CPU and its peripherals. 

How can I do? Is there any document related to theme? 

thank u!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You tell the syslib for your code to run on one Nios II or another, assuming you just have more than one processor in your SOPC Builder design. You should be able to choose the processor from the System Library Properties page in the IDE. 

Cheers, 

- slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which version of IDE you use?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello slacker, 

Can the Nios 1.0 provide the alternative of more cpu? or Can I select which section of the linker script to determined which cpu to use? the .ptf generated by sopc builder have included all these core added. 

give me more details please!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nios II has supported multiple CPUs since the first release. 

Each CPU has a system library associated with it, so the system.h and autogenerated linker script apply only to that CPU. 

You need to create system libraries (and application projects) for all the CPUs in your system. The appropriate memory map will be chosen depending on which memories are visible to the CPU. 

You also need to ensure that the text and data sections of the different CPUs are in different memories, and that they don't share the same reset and exception addresses.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I know,thank all of u!

0 Kudos