Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How can I create Custom SRAM on SOPC Builder?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I need a SRAM on my system, but the SRAM given by SOPC Builder does not have the same parameters as the one on my system. I am trying to change it but I couldnt. Is there any way I can create a custom SRAM on SOPC Builder?? What are the steps? I am really stuck on this issue...:confused: 

Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I know in the case of Qsys, you can create your custom SRAM and integrate it with the design (by adding some extra script files, which is used by Quartus to understand your design as a Qsys component). But not sure if the same is available in SOPC, as Altera promotes the use of QSYS more than SOPC. 

HTH. 

manihatn
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank You very much that was very helpful..:)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The link that pantaxo provided is in chinese. Is there a one in English? please :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can select the language on the top right of the web page.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you I got it :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can also use the Generic tri-state controller from the qsys, there is a presets on the right side of the block configurations (on a hide bar) that pre configures some parameters for you.  

Good luck,
0 Kudos