Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

How can I edit my quartus project to work with relative paths?

RKish1
Beginner

I have a project in quartus with many files containing full-path-links to other files.

I found a way to make it work on my machine with a different location, but that is the cheat way.

I would like to change all the paths to be relative, so that other engineers won't have the same problems.

What should I do?

If I change all my "C:\projects\filt..." to relative "\filt..." will I ever get newly generated files with full paths when I continue working with it ?

And what should I do when i create a new quartus project (with nios hw and sw) to make full-path-links never appear anywhere?

For example the filt.elf file:

...filt_NIOSII_SW.c D:\filt\software\filt_NIOSII ...

For example the filt_NIOSII_SW.o file:

... alt_alarm_list D:\filt\software\filt_NIOSII_BSP alt_llist_insert...

For example the libhal_bsp.a file:

... filt_NIOSII_SW.c D:\filt\software\filt_NIOSII signed char ...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi RKish1,

Where is the path located? In the Intel Quartus Prime software, the path are normally generated in relative path.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RKish1
Beginner

I am working with Quartus II 12.1

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi RKish1,

May I know where is the full path link? Is it in the file generated by Quartus or in Eclipse? Could you give some examples?

The .elf file is an encrypted file and cannot be read/write by user.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RKish1
Beginner

Hi!

Initial post has 3 examples from 3 different files. It's from their content. Inspite of the encryption there are strings like "d:\project\..."

Open some of such files, go ctrl+f and search for "d:\" or "c:\"

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi RKish1, Can you attach the files ? Thanks
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi RKish1,

Any updates?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RKish1
Beginner

those files were *.elf, *.qpf, *.qsf for example...

I should probably try change strings like "D:\filt\software\filt_NIOSII" to "\software\filt_NIOSII"

Will it work, what do you think?

0 Kudos