Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How do I cancel uClinux user login ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to directly enter system when power on.What can I do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is it not direct now? My situation is always direct. I'd like to know how to set this function to set/cancel "login".

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe that you have to "login" to Linux to use it, but not for it to boot up. 

If you are referring to the system not booting till you log in through the terminal. There is a way around that. Simply remove the jtag serial device from you design in Quartus SOPC builder. Recompile, and remove the JTAG serial driver from the Linux kernel, it will boot up without login. Make sure you setup your rc file to either get or set the IP so you can telnet in if need be. Otherwise you will be good to go.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi supercjb, 

If you want to go directly to the shell (without the login prompt), you need to 

change your console inittab entry: 

From something like this: 

ttys0:vt100:/bin/agetty 115200 ttys0 

To something like this: 

ttys0:vt100:/bin/sh  

Regards, 

--Scott
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I yet have to see a first good reason why one should not login and just get a shell after powerup. Be very carefull when you do this, these are the type of blunders that tend to get in the final (released) product.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No init,agetty will lead to "no login". :-)

0 Kudos