Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

How do you open a project in NIOS II - Eclipse?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would like to open a project I previously made in eclipse! How do i do this??? The open project button isnt active.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you need to inport both the bsp and app projects first. 

--dalon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

right click --> import ---> Nios II Software Build Tools Project ---> Import Nios II Software Build Tools Project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok so , if you are editing a project that you already created, just select the correct folder of the workspace when eclipse opens and it automatically comes up. 

otherwise, if it is files without a created workspace, you must create a folder than import?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

....Still having issues here! Ok I have files from a DE2-115 development board CD-ROM. It includes a folder called 'software' and inside this 2 folders, 1 for project code and 1 for BSP files.  

When i open Eclipse NIOS i point it to the folder 'software.' Now I goto 'File' ...'Import' and I select 'NIOS II Software Build Tools Project' under this I select 'Import Nios II Software Build Tools Project' .  

Now i try to find the makefile but it says it does not exist? I cant get past this step??
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok for anyone viewing this I figured it out.  

You need to do this in a few steps as dalon mentioned above. 

1.) Start NIOS and select workspace to 'software' folder 

2.) Import project code. Select folder for this, and make sure name of project matches folder. 

3.) Import BSP files. Select folder for this and again make sure name matches folder.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am new member here. I am also having the same problem. I would like to know how to open the existing project in Nioss II Eclipse. 

When I refresh Target Connection, it said no path connection. I don't know what happen.  

If you do not mind, could you tell me each step to open the existing (created) project in Nios II Eclipse. I am very new to FPGA. This is the first time I use FPGA. 

Thank you.
0 Kudos