Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

How get I get rid of installed driver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've been playing around (to learn) with sw.tcl for my interface. It isn't quite right and I need to progress beyond that for now and will come back to it later. It's actual a sw package, or bsp lib, and not a driver but in any case I can't get rid of it now. 

I went to the ip/device directory and removed the sw.tcl file and all of the directories and .h & .c files from the ip/device/. Now all that is in the ip/device directory is my .vhdl and hw.tcl. 

I went to the bsp directory drivers/src and deleted the .c file and di the same for drivers/inc. 

Now from my project root directory I can search for these .h & .c files and they are not found. 

I opened qsys and delet the component from my design and reinserted it, hook it up, reassign address, saved it, & Generated. Then in Quartus, I compiled and programmed. Then in eclipse I generated bsp. And every time I do, the files show up again in the bsp drivers/src and drivers/inc directories. 

Where in the world are they coming from and how do I get rid of them? 

edit----- 

Additionally, I created a completely different bsp and app. The files showed up there too.
0 Kudos
0 Replies