Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

How to Simulate "Top_Level" with several QSYS below?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

I have a Top_Level.v design which includes several lower level QSYS generated subsystems. Each QSYS module generated all the simulation modules 

as well as the "msim_setup.tcl". I was able to simulate the lower level subsystems but now I want to do it at the Top_Level, for which I created a TB. 

I want to reuse the msim_setup.tcl of the lower modules and leave the .libraries where they are and only point to them from the top simulation directory. 

I want to minimize editing of the stuff generated by QSYS and simply reuse it all at the top. 

Can you guys suggest a directory structure and example of simple scripts that would travers down to each QSYS dir. , compile and then "elab" at the top- 

level including the TB?  

Shvitzer
0 Kudos
0 Replies