Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12437 Discussions

How to boot Arria 10 from SD card?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We have an Alaric Arria10 dev kit which currently has u-boot, device tree binary, and zImage in the QSPI, and the rootfs in the SD-card. 

The SD-card partitions and rootfs contents are custom, not the default ones provided by the Alaric dev kit. 

Our goal is to eliminate the QSPI and boot entirely from the SD-card. 

How do I put the contents of the QSPI into the SD-card and make the SD-card bootable? 

The Alaric dev kit reference manual only has instructions for QSPI. 

I have brief experience with Cyclone V, and these files were put into the first partition, which was a FAT32 partition. 

I'd prefer to just move binaries around, but I can force myself to rebuild uboot if needed. 

Any pointers would be welcome. 

thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Best place to start is from https://rocketboards.org/, as explain more how to update the sd card content and procedure. 

Regards, 

CloseCL 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)