Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How to change to the nios2-elf-gcc compiler ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/dasuboot 

The default compiler is nios2-elf-gcc, which comes with nios2eds. 

If you want to use nios2-linux-gnu-gcc to build u-boot, you may set, 

I dont change the compiler to the "nios2-linux-gnu-" "nios2-linux-uclibc-"only use the 

"nios2-elf-gcc" compiler, then run like this 

make my_nios2_config 

# make my_nios2_config make: nios2-elf-gcc: Command not found /bin/sh: nios2-elf-gcc: command not found dirname: missing operand Try `dirname --help' for more information. /bin/sh: nios2-elf-gcc: command not found dirname: missing operand Try `dirname --help' for more information. Configuring for my_nios2 board... #  

Is nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc instead of the nios2-elf-gcc compiler to be the default compiler in the nios2-linux-20100621 tarball ? 

# nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc -v Reading specs from /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/lib/gcc/nios2-linux-uclibc/3.4.6/specs Configured with: /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/../gcc3/configure --prefix=/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2 --target=nios2-linux-uclibc --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-__cxa_atexit --enable-target-optspace --with-gnu-ld --disable-shared --disable-nls --enable-threads --enable-multilib --enable-cxx-flags=-static Thread model: posix gcc version 3.4.6  

Does it mean using the "nios2-linux-uclibc" is right, "nios2-elf-gcc" is wrong ? 

PS: I use the "nios2-linux-uclibc"compiler compiling the u-boot successfully,but there's no u-boot.elf file! 

Using the "nios2-elf-gcc" compiler maybe generates the u-boot.elf?
0 Kudos
0 Replies