Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

How to change to the nios2-elf-gcc compiler ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/dasuboot 

The default compiler is nios2-elf-gcc, which comes with nios2eds. 

If you want to use nios2-linux-gnu-gcc to build u-boot, you may set, 

I dont change the compiler to the "nios2-linux-gnu-" "nios2-linux-uclibc-"only use the 

"nios2-elf-gcc" compiler, then run like this 

make my_nios2_config 

# make my_nios2_config make: nios2-elf-gcc: Command not found /bin/sh: nios2-elf-gcc: command not found dirname: missing operand Try `dirname --help' for more information. /bin/sh: nios2-elf-gcc: command not found dirname: missing operand Try `dirname --help' for more information. Configuring for my_nios2 board... #  

Is nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc instead of the nios2-elf-gcc compiler to be the default compiler in the nios2-linux-20100621 tarball ? 

# nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc -v Reading specs from /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/lib/gcc/nios2-linux-uclibc/3.4.6/specs Configured with: /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/../gcc3/configure --prefix=/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2 --target=nios2-linux-uclibc --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-__cxa_atexit --enable-target-optspace --with-gnu-ld --disable-shared --disable-nls --enable-threads --enable-multilib --enable-cxx-flags=-static Thread model: posix gcc version 3.4.6  

Does it mean using the "nios2-linux-uclibc" is right, "nios2-elf-gcc" is wrong ? 

PS: I use the "nios2-linux-uclibc"compiler compiling the u-boot successfully,but there's no u-boot.elf file! 

Using the "nios2-elf-gcc" compiler maybe generates the u-boot.elf?
0 Kudos
0 Replies