Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

How to clear the Nios II console?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm implementing a Nios II on a DE0-nano board. My C code is executed by Eclipse and a console is accessible to print things (with the printf instruction). I'd like to clear this console but I don't know how to do it. 

Does someone know? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try a right click to the terminal and select "Clear"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm implementing a Nios II on a DE0-nano board. My C code is executed by Eclipse and a console is accessible to print things (with the printf instruction). I'd like to clear this console but I don't know how to do it. 

Does someone know? 

Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

if you use the console which is integrated into the IDE then click on the "x" icon
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Clicking on the "x" is ok but I want it to be cleaned by the C code. More precisely I want to write a word then to clear the console to write something else at the same place.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't checked lately to confirm this, but last time I looked (years ago) the console in Eclipse wasn't a full terminal emulator. In other words it didn't support operations like clearing the screen. If you want to do that you need a terminal emulator program like PuTTY, TeraTerm etc. These typically implement the ANSI standard terminal command set like the windows command shell does.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't think of a simple way to do that with a Nios II cpu so no matter, I'll do things otherwise. 

Thanks.