Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

How to control "ready" signal of exported Av-ST using Nios II for simulation?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to simulate the Frame Buffer II IP core with runtime control by Nios II on ModelSim. I create my system on Qsys and run the simulation through "Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse". The Frame Buffer II IP Core has an exported Avalon-ST that I want to simulate and observe its waveform. Since the exported Avalon-ST is not connected to anything, the ready signal holds the value x. How can I change this signal through Nios II software? 

When I simulated the Frame Buffer II without runtime control (and thus without Nios II), I ran the simulation through the testbench, which connected the exported avalon-ST to a avalon-ST sink BFM. I initialised and controlled the BFM through a verilog test file. I'm trying to do the same thing with the Nios II when running the simulation through eclipse, but I'm not sure how. 

I would appreciate any tips on this topic. 

Thanks in advance, 

Saeed
0 Kudos
0 Replies