Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

How to copy project from laptop to desktop pc?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a project in my laptop that I want to copy to my desktop so I copied the whole folder (nios_100). Then I run quartus and open the project "nios_100" in my desktop. I can see the hardware and compiles just fine. But when I launch eclipse (from within quartus) I see some old project files and not the ones that belong to nios_100. The "open project" and "close project" menu items are greyed out. I thought switching workspace will work but It didn't. I feel pretty stupid I thought this would be so simple and after about an hour I still can not see the files. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had this problem once and ended up creating a new project and opening/importing the old source files. There might be a better way, but this worked for me.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Select the origin project files and right click the mouse, then choose delete, click ok. Then right click in the project explorer and choose import, select General->Existing Projects into Workspace, then select root directory for your nios project (commonly the software file in your quartus project ). If you select the right directory, you can see two files in the Projects below. Then click finish. That's all.

0 Kudos