Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How to detect PCIe device in Ubuntu 12.04 Linux System

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to connect and use Altera based EP4SGX PCIe device in my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Linux System. 

I have performed following operations in my System to detect PCIe device in my system 

1) I have connected that device in PCIe slot and reboot system. 

2) Than Stop at bios mode and installed sof file of that device which is working in windows system. 

3) After that, exit bios mode and wait to start linux system. 

4) Than execute lspci command and see that there is no any entry for that PCI device which i have plugged into PCIe slot. 

Does any one has idea about this problem? 

Regards, 

Ritesh Prajapati
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anyone has idea to solve above problem or anyone has faced this type problem before? 

Please let me know as soon as possible. 

Regards, 

Ritesh Prajapati
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I think the pcie devices are detected BEFORE you enter the bios. Try to make a restart at point 3.)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for Reply... 

I have also did same thing which you have mentioned above and could not get any details about PCIe device in lspci command as well as in dmesg output. 

I have also tested that same device in older core 2 duo processor which supports PCIe 2.0 in linux system and it works fine with device details displayed in lspci command output. But when I tried to test same device in higher core i3/core i5 processor which supports PCIe 3.0 in linux/windows system and it failed to detect device as I could not found any device information in lspci command output. 

Does any one has idea about altera FPGA board not detected in PCIe 3.0 in Linux/Windows System? 

Please let me know if any one has idea about this.. 

Regards, 

Ritesh Prajapati
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does any one has faced this type of problem before? 

Please let me know as quickly as possible. 

Regards, 

Ritesh Prajapati
0 Kudos