Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How to enable tx_clk of the 88e1111

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dir Sir, 

I'm using Cyclone III development kit. I want using Ethernet IP with mii standard to transfer data via Ethernet. and I want using 100Mbs standard. However, this kit not support tx_clk from PHY 88E1111. If I want to use 100Mbps, what should I do? I also buy a HSMC-NET of terasic, then I connect this this with Cyclone III via HSMC port. I used tx_clk for my Ethernet. however, tx_clk is not active clock. How to enable clock this pin from PHY 88e1111? 

Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check if You really have all required wires connected to do MII connection. Maybe there are only wires for RMII?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your help, 

I double-checked connect. only have got 2 types are MII and GMII, not RMII.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then MII should work fine. Are You forcing 1Gbit network to work on 100Mbps? Did You tie 1000Mbps setting in MAC to '0'?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I only want working on 10/100Mbs. therefore, I need 2 clock are tx_clk and rx_clk for the Ethernet-mac. I also built the system on Stratix III kit. However, when i plug Ethernet cable the rx_led and tx_led are not blinking. I's using signal-tab to capture enet_tx_clk and enet_rx_clk are not oscillate

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check PHY reset signal, is it high? Did You implement reset bug-fix? Check 88E1111 PDF for proper PHY initialization setup. You need to de-assert reset at required time.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, I checked reset signal and I fixed this pin. Now, the rx_led was blinking. However, when I'm using signal-tap the rx_clk and tx_clk ware not oscillite. please help me :(

0 Kudos