Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How to know NiosII IDE version information?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My NiosII IDE help menu only shows "version:1.0.0, Build:316". How do i know whether it is a full edition? And what's the difference between the three NIOS II package? 

nios_final.zip  

nios2_1.0_eval.exe  

nios2_ucos2.exe
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

My NiosII IDE help menu only shows "version:1.0.0, Build:316". How do i know whether it is a full edition? And what&#39;s the difference between the three NIOS II package? 

nios_final.zip  

nios2_1.0_eval.exe  

nios2_ucos2.exe[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

OK, I&#39;m only familiar with what&#39;s on CD&#39;s, but I&#39;ll take a stab at this: 

nios_final.zip - this would be the shipping full cost Nios II 1.0. What is included in the Nios II dev kits. 

nios2_1.0_eval.exe - this would be what went out on the IP sampler CD&#39;s with Quartus 4.1 (???) - that&#39;s a guess. I don&#39;t know where you&#39;re getting the files. If that is where you got this. Or from the web as an eval edition of Nios, then ... Here&#39;s what it says on this forum in the link to download it... 

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

This edition is the same as the full edition mailed to upgrade customers except that it contains neither the MicroC/OS-II operating system code, nor the GNU source tree.[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

nios2_ucos2.exe - no idea. Where do you see this file? 

Does this help. The IDE is the same version. Only the files it sees (which come from the Nios component area) are different.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then how to know whether the programming files and flash programming files  

generated are time_limited?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus tells you. 

Also, if you don&#39;t have a license, they will be time limited.
0 Kudos