Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

How to patch NIOS II BSP driver

jackhab
New Contributor I

I'd like to make changes to standard Altera driver (e.g. add debug variables), store the changes as a patch file and have it applied automatically each time I re-generate BSP. How it can be done?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

This is a nice question. You do some modifications to each project you create and you need to save these modifications to save time. You can simply Go to the "Refactor" drop menu and select "Create Script". The following document will help you to create your own script. You will be able to share this script with your team.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/n2sw_nii52015.pdf

Regards,

0 Kudos
jackhab
New Contributor I

Hi Ahmed

I'm looking for a way to patch the C sources of pristine copy of BSP with my modifications.

Unfortunately, creating a script from Eclipse does not pickup any changes I made to the sources.

The linked pdf describes how BSP settings can be customized using Tcl Script.

Is there a similar standard way to modify BSP code (preferably, without writing the whole Tcl script from scratch)?

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

The only way available is to create a script. Can you please let me know what errors you are facing with creating a script?

0 Kudos