Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

How to program the EPCS4 when in production

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the debug phase, I used the flash programmer program the EPCS4(config + software). But which programming file should I give to my colleague who is in charge of production? I mean, can I give a single file to him, with which he can program the EPCS4 using the universal programmer?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

desolder one of your programmed chips and give it to him... 

an universal programmer should be able to read back the data and copy the chip.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK - thats one solution, but not the most confortable... 

Thats the way i get my programming files for production: 

I wrote a little bit of code which reads the content of the EPCS flash and dumps the data via serial port to the PC. 

The output is formated like an intel hex file, so i can record the datastream to a file and pass this file to the production people... 

So first I program the EPCS the usual way using the flashprogrammer of the IDE. Then i use the debugger of the IDE  

to run the flash dump program and a serial terminal to write the data into a file. Thats it - not very professional, but it works...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

RemyMartin, 

I wrote a short programme that concatenates the configuration file (e.g. epcs_controller_boot_rom.flash) and boot-software (e.g. application.flash) into a single binary EPCS image file. Tell me your eMail address and I'll send it to you. 

Mike
0 Kudos