Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

How to provide different clock for PHY Device

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My board DE2-115 

My PHY Device:88E1111 

My project is about simple socket server.Now I can send words or command via Telnet or Ping, when I use a router(100Mbps). 

But, when I directly connect the board and PC with a cross-over cable , I failed. 

Then when I fix my pc for 100Mbps and connect the board and PC with a cross-over cable, I succeed. 

So if I want to use 1000Mbps, what should I do ? 

I know I need to provide different clock to Marvell 88E1111 PHY Device for different speed. Such as 2.5MHz for 10mbps/ 25MHz for 100mbps /125MHz for 1000mbps. 

Who can tell me how to change the clock and where to change the clock,provided for phy device. 

It is the first time for me to post a thread, I hope that somebody could help me to solve this problem.
0 Kudos
27 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Firstly try to run example project. Maybe Your cable between PC and the board has only two pairs, so the connection is 10/100.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK, I will use another cable to try. 

Thank you so much Socrates!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I wanna ask you another problem. 

Now I can transfer data by TCP Server program in NIOS. 

But the speed is low,only about 16Mbps. 

Is there any way to raise the speed? 

PS:The cpu in sopcbuilder is fast.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nios is relatively slow. How much do You need? Whats the CPU speed?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

CPU is up to 113 DMIPS. 

I want to be as faster as possible and I need use NIOS, so is there anything I can to raise the speed?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Don't use RTOS, do bunch of optimizations, DMAs, etc... Read the thread about LwIP on Nios.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you see this thread, try another board!!! 

There is nothing wrong with my project, my board is broken!!! When I change to another, I succeed!!!
0 Kudos