Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How to publish a device driver?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

how can i publish a devce driver for NIOS II (SBT V11.1SP2) without showing the c-sources? 

paddy325
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

compile them to a lib

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thats what i tried to do, but it needs informations from the bsp-project, so i have to make the driver dependend on the bsp... 

Then i will have to compile a lib of my drivers for every bsp. Is there a better way to get a lib which works with all bsps?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No in that case the code needs to be compiled each time so you need to provide it. 

It you really have some parts of your driver you don't want to share, you can always try and split it in two. The first part is the low-level driver that directly talks to the hardware, using the constants defined in the bsp, distributed as source code. The second part is the higher level "intelligent" part, that you can distribute as a binary library. Of course it depends on the kind of hardware you have and which part of the driver you need to protect.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

May be you can obfuscate the source code.Google "obfuscated c" to find a tool to obfuscate your source code.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HI, 

thanks for your answers! I think the suggestion Daixiwen made is a good solution for me. I will trie out to split my driver sources. I googled the obfuscator, but i am afraid of unexpected behavior of my functions if i obfuscate them. 

Thanks, Paddy
0 Kudos