Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12366 Discussions

How to recover Arria 10 QSPI flash daughter card

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi  

I am able to boot the QSPI flash daughter card with the default image. Then i built the QSPI u-boot using the below configuration 

make socfpga_arria10_qspi_reva_defconfig 

then converted the u-boot-dtb.bin image using mkpimage tool to u-boot-mkpimage.bin 

mkpimage -hv 1 -o u-boot-mkpimage.bin u-boot-dtb.bin u-boot-dtb.bin u-boot-dtb.bin u-boot-dtb.bin 

then programmed the QSPI flash using below command  

tftp 0x8000 u-boot-mkpimage.bin 

sf probe 

sf erase 0x0 0x100000 

sf write 0x8000 0x0 0x100000 

I followed the Arria 10 QSPI flash memory map as shown below  

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/a10gsrd161qspiboot 

Now the Evaluation board is not booting and how can recover back the flash daughter card ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thanks sunshine, 

i am able to recover back my flash daughter card using USB Blaster and quartus_hps 

jtagconfig  

jtagconfig --getparam 1 JtagClock 

quartus_hps -c 1 -o PV /home/Desktop/devkit/qspi_image/u-boot-_w_dtb-mkpimage.bin 

u-boot-_w_dtb-mkpimage.bin is the default built in binary from rocketboards.org  

below is the link for QSPI mapping  

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/a10gsrd161qspiboot
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Glad to hear that! Thanks for sharing :)