Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

How to return eCos configtool view to norma?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have inherited a project with uses eCos on the NIOS2. I have a working .ecc. However, when I last started the config tool, a message flashed by on the status pane about the repository location (I think), and then all 5 views are empty, except for the bottom one which says "The root node for all configurable items". I need to get the tree to appear e.g. so that I can change the diagnostic output device from jtag uart to nothing, rebuild the library & and then my app (which sits on top of ecos) can run standalone. 

The config tool help (Ch 18 of section IV) on screen layout is the nearest topic that I can find and its not much help. 

So does anybody know how to switch it back on?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The fix was rename the ecos configtool in the registry, and then start it up again. It writes a new one on exit. Thanks to MSnadden!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't know how to thank you enough. I just lost 4 hours over this! 

For documentation purposes, I see in my registry entries that the width of the configuration window has an abnormally large value that is very suspicious w/r to this bug. 

ecos configuration tool/window size/ConfigPaneWidth 0xffffff9a 

...while all other widths of the gui are set around 0x00000570. 

I see it now has a similar value in the new registry entry.
0 Kudos