Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12366 Discussions

How to vectorise many parallel input output ports into a single bus in Qsys or SOPC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

Instead of creating twelve Parallel input output ports (PIO) in Qsys/SOPC, is there any way I could vectorise many parallel input output ports (12 PIOs for example) into a single component in Qsys or SOPC? 

Each PIO consists of 12 bits. 

After creating the Nios system, I am going to include the Nios system block in the schematic in Quartus.  

I need to feed the twelve PIOs into one single bus line in the schematic block in Quartus II. So I thought I want to combine the twelves PIOs so that in the NIos system block, it will only show one PIO instead of twelve. 

I attached the image: 

adc[1..12][11..0] is the 12 signals, each with 12 bits 

in Nios system block, adc_v1_export is single signal, with 12 bits 

I want to connect 

What I have tried : I followed the advice in this link (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20876) but i got the following error (Error (275024): Width mismatch in port "adc_v1_export[11..0]" of instance "inst14" and type nios_system -- source is ""adc[0]"" 

). 

Thank you
0 Kudos
0 Replies