Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12597 Discussions

How to write a c application for stratix v altera?? Does nios ii ide support stratix?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am new to FPGA please help me, I am trying to write a sample application to read and write memory which is connected with nios-ii, I have developed the qsys file connections and I have dumped the .sof file in STRATIX V altera. And I tried to develop a sample program in NIOS II ide with creating a the application with SOPCINFO file. But I can't develop the BSP its failing. Whether stratix v is not supported by Nios-ii ide or is there any other problem??  

My idea is to use other working code for Max 10 - DECA board. If I use the Bsp folder of that board and generate the .elf file will it be working for Stratix v board. Please help me with a solution!! 

Thanks in advance, 

Regards, 

prasanth
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

You are encouraged to duplicate the design using Stratix V, create new BSP using the generated sopcinfo file and include the C files for compilation. It should works.
0 Kudos