Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

How to write a c application for stratix v altera?? Does nios ii ide support stratix?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am new to FPGA please help me, I am trying to write a sample application to read and write memory which is connected with nios-ii, I have developed the qsys file connections and I have dumped the .sof file in STRATIX V altera. And I tried to develop a sample program in NIOS II ide with creating a the application with SOPCINFO file. But I can't develop the BSP its failing. Whether stratix v is not supported by Nios-ii ide or is there any other problem??  

My idea is to use other working code for Max 10 - DECA board. If I use the Bsp folder of that board and generate the .elf file will it be working for Stratix v board. Please help me with a solution!! 

Thanks in advance, 

Regards, 

prasanth
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

You are encouraged to duplicate the design using Stratix V, create new BSP using the generated sopcinfo file and include the C files for compilation. It should works.