Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

How to write data into the SDRAM present as a part of simple socket server that has NIOS processor?

APaga1
Novice

Hello,

I am new to the NIOS SBT. I am trying to customize the NIOS II Simple socket server design template to read the data from the files and write it to the SDRAM. I need help in the addressing the SDRAM. I have created a region in the linker script section of the BSP editor. But I feel that the offset addressing is not happening properly. Should we need to change any reset vector option present in the NIOS CPU IP?

Regards,

Avinash PagaScreenshot (58).pngScreenshot (57).png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @APaga1,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope you are doing well, regards to the question that you have on the memory address in the bsp setting, the reset vector seem correct, and if you are suspecting the address are in correct, you may refer to the steps to modify those address in the bsp setting in the section (5.4.2.2). More details of the linker memory can also be found here.

Just curious, what are the targeted device that you are working on?

Warm regards.

0 Kudos
APaga1
Novice

Thank you for your reply. I am using Cyclone V GT device. In general, how do I write data into the SDRAM present using NIOS?

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @APaga1,

Good day, in general we would need a controller for that.
You may refer to the sample reference design here, it is for other cyclone board, but I believe the concept of design are the same.

Warm regards.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @APaga1,

Hope this message find you well and good day, as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm Regards

0 Kudos