Hi @MChin10 ,
Are you using Development kit /custom board?
- Check MSEL switch state.
- Check reset and clock pin assignments.
- Check reset switch state.
- Are programming correct elf file.
Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.
This is a message that can be a real challenge.
What you can do is try do determine if hardware, fpga code, qsys (plarform designer code), or C-software is the cause.
Many boards come with a reference design that demonstrates a basic nios application.
1) to check your board: try to get this application running.
2) to check your fpga code: try to get the reference design working by using your fpga code to drive the Qsys/platform designer code.
3) if this runs, modify (possibly step by step) the qsys/platform designer code.
4) use a hello-world basic template project to test the nios code.
A last tip: after compling in eclipse, right click on the application (not bsp) in the tree and go to debug as nios II code. Some other starting points do not always give the right result when started first.