Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

I am trying to build my code in NIOS getting error

MChin10
Beginner

./lights_example_bsp/\libhal_bsp.a(alt_main.o): In function `alt_main':

C:\intelFPGA\16.1\qsys_tutorial\software\lights_example_bsp/HAL/src/alt_main.c:154: undefined reference to `main'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [lights_example.elf] Error 1

please help me on this

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Can you clean build your bsp library and then generate bsp and build project and check.
  2. Please check your console if any message related to memory or message like on_chip_memory is not within region? if so, increase your onchip memory size in qsys design.(After generating qsys system check time stamp of sopcinfo file)

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
MChin10
Beginner
Hi Now I am getting following error while running NIOS Downloading ELF Process failed pausing target processor :not responding resetting and trying again: FAILED loading target processor failed regards, Mounica
0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Mounica,

Connect cpu.data_master to all program memories

1.  We may see above error.If your board is in reset state you or cpu.data_master is not connected to all program memories.
  2. Check the switch state of reset.
  3. check the cup.data_master connection.
  4. Check the reset and clock pin assignments.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos