Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

I need to import a legacy cfi flash component from Quartus ver 5 into QSys ver 13.1 for Cyclone II circuit. It's amd_avalon_am29lv065d_flash. Are there files I can move into the Qsys library? Or do I need to create a custom component?

AFitz6
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan

If you cannot find the component in Q13.1, means that this component had been drop earlier.

Yes, you will need to create a custom component for this Qsys. But first you need to locate the source files of the cfi in Quartus 5.

Here is the steps to create the custom component https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6rhbVABlo8

0 Kudos
AFitz6
Beginner

Hi, now I have a new problem. When I add Avalon Tri-state Bridge to my QSys, or try to edit the component Avalon Tri-state Bridge, I get the following Java error: java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm using Qsys 13.0sp1 Build 232.

My operating system is Windows 7.

thanks, Aaron

0 Kudos
AFitz6
Beginner

Attached is my project archive if that helps...

-Aaron

0 Kudos
AFitz6
Beginner

I think I've found a way to construct my QSys without using the Avalon-MM Tri-state Bridge for ver 13.0sp1. I will use two Generic Tri-state Bridge Controllers to a pin-sharer, then into a Tri-state Conduit Bridge , as per instructions in the Avalon Tri-State Conduit Components User guide. I have no errors now. The Generic Tri-state Bridge controllers have convenient presets for the IDT71V416 SRAM and Legacy AMD 29LV065D Flash.

Thanks for your help! -Aaron

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Good to hear that!

0 Kudos