Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

I need to import a legacy cfi flash component from Quartus ver 5 into QSys ver 13.1 for Cyclone II circuit. It's amd_avalon_am29lv065d_flash. Are there files I can move into the Qsys library? Or do I need to create a custom component?

AFitz6
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan

If you cannot find the component in Q13.1, means that this component had been drop earlier.

Yes, you will need to create a custom component for this Qsys. But first you need to locate the source files of the cfi in Quartus 5.

Here is the steps to create the custom component https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6rhbVABlo8

AFitz6
Beginner

Hi, now I have a new problem. When I add Avalon Tri-state Bridge to my QSys, or try to edit the component Avalon Tri-state Bridge, I get the following Java error: java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm using Qsys 13.0sp1 Build 232.

My operating system is Windows 7.

thanks, Aaron

AFitz6
Beginner

Attached is my project archive if that helps...

-Aaron

AFitz6
Beginner

I think I've found a way to construct my QSys without using the Avalon-MM Tri-state Bridge for ver 13.0sp1. I will use two Generic Tri-state Bridge Controllers to a pin-sharer, then into a Tri-state Conduit Bridge , as per instructions in the Avalon Tri-State Conduit Components User guide. I have no errors now. The Generic Tri-state Bridge controllers have convenient presets for the IDT71V416 SRAM and Legacy AMD 29LV065D Flash.

Thanks for your help! -Aaron

Kenny_Tan

Good to hear that!