Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

I want to a web server which have a cgi interface

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My board is cyclone,and now i have a niosII,I want to construct a web server whick have a cgi interface to translate a command through the internet to the board. 

who can help me?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A good place to start would be the Nios II example design, which has a webserver on. What sort of command do you want the CGI to execute? If you just want to do normal CGI stuff this isn't far beyond what the example shows; you can have your script run any system command. If you want to program the hardware through a CGI then this is a little trickier but still only a small extension to the code. 

You might like to also look at the example for Excalibur boards, which has a webserver into which you can upload a .sof file and have it reprogram the hardware. 

Have fun playing with your Nios II, and good luck!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. 

But what is the Excalibur boards ? where can i find the examples for the Excalibur boards?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Excalibur is a line of development boards that Altera sells. The Excalibur chip contains an FPGA, SRAM, and an ARM9 processor. You can find out everything about them on Altera's website: if you go to "Devices" it is low down on the left bar, where it says "Embedded Processors". application note 285 (http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an285.pdf) gives you the details, and the design files for the example (http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an285.zip) are available. 

It might be a significant amount of work to make this work for boards without a hard core, though, especially if you program the board with a design that doesn't include the webserver. One approach would be to keep the webserver code in Flash so you can get back to it with just a reset.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much! Best wishes to you!

0 Kudos