Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

I want to update my project from Nios II classic to Nios II Gen2. I've followed the an748 menu and finished successfully the HW migration. For the SW migration I've followed the Nios® II Software Developers handbook.

kshov
Beginner

I'm stuck in running the project on nios ii hardware at "run as" function (para 3.1.6) , the .elf file is missing. how does the .elf file is created?  

I need to make a version to run in the card, which stage is the final one, that after it I can create a version?

Thanks in advance

Klara

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

It is very simple to create an elf

Right click your Eclipse project an click build Project (Ctrl + B to build all).

Right click again your Eclipse project an click Run As then select (3. NIOS II Hardware)

0 Kudos
kshov
Beginner
Hello, Thank you for your answer. I clicked on the build Project and in the console sheet I got 3 errors + "Build Finished message. after it I clicked on the RUN AS NIOS II Hardware, but it didn't work because the .elf file is missing. The 3 errors from the build Project stage are: 1. "OS_CFG.H, MISSING OS_TICKS_PER_SEC: Sets the number of ticks in one second" 2. Make:***[<project_path>/source.bsp/-recurs-make-lib] 3. Make[1]: ***[obj/HAL/src/alt.close.0] Are these errors disabled the .elf to be created? How can I fix these errors? I will appreciate your help. Thanks in advance Klara
0 Kudos
kshov
Beginner
Hello, I am from IAI (Israel Aerospace Industries) Israel, In order to download software QUARTUS 18.1 STANDARD from Intel website we need a statement that the software is free of viruses or other malware. The statement that we need is: "we confirm that the software in intel.com<https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html> website (Download Center for FPGAs) for download "QUARTUS 18.1 STANDARD" is free of viruses or other malware". In addition, In order to insert it to our internal network, the security needs the software's MD5 / HASH type and code of the QUARTUS 18.1 standard Regards, Klara Shoval *********************************************************************************************** Please consider the environment before printing this email ! The information contained in this communication is proprietary to Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. and/or third parties, may contain confidential or privileged information, and is intended only for the use of the intended addressee thereof. If you are not the intended addressee, please be aware that any use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer. Thank you. Visit us at: www.iai.co.il
0 Kudos
kshov
Beginner
Hello, I already managed Regards Klara
0 Kudos