Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

I2c

praveenkumar
Beginner
Is there any ip core support i2c communication in cyclone 3 fpga having nios 2 processor and also i have to boot the nios 2 by sampling the externally connected enable pin any one help me with this two
0 Kudos
12 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel
0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

Thank u.

while flashing  from onchip memory  through (usb blaster ii) in cyclone iii fpga quartus 13.1 version.

while converting hex and sof files to pof file.

error :

data overlaps between adderess 0 and 8.is coming. can u pls help me with this  error

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

May I know which document you followed?

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

sry for late reply ,

I,referred from  below attached document  pg no:255,5.2.1.3 could i make flash from that. pls help me

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

You can boot from flash, you can refer to page 219.

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

hi , i referred the document  we have an external nor flash ic  for booting .

we have on chip ram ip for copying the flash code . but  i have to boot based on external   pin .

what should be used for my project,

1. memory based boot copier  

or

2. alt_load_function based

i think i had to use memcopy based boot copier because i have to boot based on external pin triggering.

so, how do i create memory based boot copier in the code .

can u give a solution .

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

You can load your application from external flash to on-chip RAM using boot copier.

You can refer to page 219 below.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/edh_ed_handbook.pdf

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

hex file generated from nios ii command shell with a width =8 and added for generation of pof file .

it showing no error pof file is generating .

while generating from make target (mem_init_generate) hex file is generating but on adding to generate pof file ( error: data in hex file overlaps between address 0 and 8)is showing.

i am toggling a pin in .sof file and another pin in .hex file . i am not added generic tristate controller and conduit bridge.

but i loaded the pof file through usb blaster  ii .

on power on pin which i toggling in .sof file is toggling but in .hex file another pin i toggled is not working

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

In our configuration msel pins are routed such that to connect active parallel  config mode.

parallel flash loader automatically accesss the flash pins why pin in hex file is not toggling. am i doing anything wrong.

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

can u provide me  procedure or an example of   how to make advanced boot copier code in c.

can u please provide the refernce  kindly its very urgent .

u r reply is very slow.

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

The boot copier is added in .hex when you generate it. You don't have to write it.

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

how to generate .sh file in nios ii.

okay but based on external pin basis i have to execute my code.

0 Kudos