Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

If I want to put software program elf file into flash, do I need a flash controller?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If I want to put software program elf file into flash, then the system can load program automatically after power on, I think I need to add a flash controller in my qsys system, correct? Is Altera Avalon Flash the right IP I should use/ 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anyone has idea? 

Thanks in advance.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok i am working on the same project , i am a beginner , i used the avalon tristate conduit components , but dunno whether it is the answer , 

in any way this links will answer you too  

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44414&highlight=flash 

:oops: 

sincerely ,
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nobody has experience?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera supplies some libraries for writing the epcs/epcq devices from software if the avalon epcs controller IP is instantiated. One way to discover the correct elf offset is to run elf2flash with the --after option.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Altera supplies some libraries for writing the epcs/epcq devices from software if the avalon epcs controller IP is instantiated. One way to discover the correct elf offset is to run elf2flash with the --after option. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks. Do you mean "EPCS Serial Flash Controller Core"?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thanks. Do you mean "EPCS Serial Flash Controller Core"? 

--- Quote End ---  

yes, that's the one we use here
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

yes, that's the one we use here 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks very much.