Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Installation problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anyone else having problems installing eCos 2.0? The installer insists that I do not have Nios2 1.01 installed. I installed the original 1.0 from CD and the 1.01 from SP1 (downloaded from Altera). 

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The installer looks in the install directory inside a file version.ptf for the version of your kit. I suspect your problem is that you're not installing to the directory where your kit is installed

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, I should have included my ptf (from c:\altera\kits\nios2) information in my first post: 

number = "1.01"; 

major = "1"; 

minor = "0"; 

level = "1"; 

build = "393b"; 

type = "patch"; 

host = "sc-build"; 

user = "sc-regtest"; 

date = "2004.09.07"; 

time = "17.13.10"; 

The eCos installer wants to install to .\components\ecos. I modified this to c:\altera\kits\nios2\components\ecos (and c:\altera\kits\nios2) and the installer gives me "Error You have either not got the NiosII 1.01 kit installed or the environment variable SOPC_KIT_NIOS2 points to a different version of the Nios II kit. Please install version 1.01 to continue" 

My environment variable is set to: 

SOPC_KIT_NIOS2=c:\altera\kits\nios2 

I will keep poking around.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, if I try a number of times and add a backslash to c:\altera\kits\nios2\ I can get the setup to continue. I will if I can create a build a project.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, I am awake now (after noticing missing words in my previous post). Not quite sure what happened but I uninstalled everything including Quartus. During the reinstall, everything installed without problems. 

Thanks all!
0 Kudos