Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Installing EDS when another version of DS-5 is already present

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

During EDS installation on my machine, the Altera EDS installer got to the DS-5 step but it refused to install DS-5 because I already have a newer version installed. My newer version is for a non-Altera related project and includes the ARM compiler we paid for. 

Is there a way to integrate the Altera specific features into my current DS-5 installation (version 5.15.0) or install both versions on the same machine? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It seems the Altera features were already present in my bought and paid for DS-5. I have been able to communicate with the ARM processors in my SocKit via the USB blaster. 

Note to Altera: The install abruptly quit at the DS-5 step, so it's not clear whether EDS is fully installed. It seems to be working, but you might want to clarify.