Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Interface to CFI in Qsys

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a Qsys system where I want to implement an interface to Flash which uses a CFI. There seem to be two modules in the Qsys library which can be used as an interface to the Flash. The first one is the "Flash Memory Interface (CFI)" and the second one is the "Generic Tri-State Controller". Can anybody tell me the advantages and disadvantages of these two modules? 

The "Generic Tri-State Controller" offers some presets for Intel Flash chips and Flash Memory Interface (CFI). There are "Module Assignments" and "Avalon Connection Point Assignments" where some options are set. Is there any documentation available on what options can be set here? For example where does the parameter "embeddedsw.configuration.isFlash" come from and where is this parameter used? 

Best regards 

Martin
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Also, you may want to check the 

Board Update Portal 

example design. 

If you install one of the Altera development kit in your PC, you'll see the code.
0 Kudos