Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Interfacing SRAM to NIOS

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I am using a Cypress CY7C09289V-12A SRAM on my prototype FPGA board. I wish to use this for my NIOS II code.  

I have added a SRAM (IDT71V416S) and a tristate bridge to my qsys and have connected them accordingly.  

I had to change the address and data widths to match my SRAM.  

Then i have assigned the appropriate pins in my Quartus. For this IC i have enabled ADS_n signal and disabled CNTRST_n signal.  

I have given a 40 MHz clk to the IC 

I am getting "Downloading ELF process failed" when i try to download the NIOS II code from Eclipse.  

Kindly let know what could i be doing wrong ? 

regds 

Santhosh
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The first step would be to add some on-chip memory to your Nios system and put there a memory test software (there is one in the templates list). Then use that software to test the SRAM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This board which am using is not an altera board. Its a prototype board for our purpose.  

Moreover which templates are u telling about ?  

This is urgent, if someone could help, it would be helpful 

regds 

santhosh
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Eclipse, when you create a new software project, there is a memory test template.